The Quarry is the latest follow-up after 2015’s Until Dawn. The game follows the same 2D Soulslike appeal and everything you can expect. However, there’s a problem with The Quarry, it is crashing at startup on PCs. Although it may seem to be a game issue, it is not. Most probably, the issue is on your side and we will guide you on how you can fix this pesky crashing at startup issue on your PC.
How to Fix The Quarry Keep Crashing on Startup on PC
Launching a game is the most basic task a gamer can do. However, when this is also hindered due to some issues, the excitement to play a game is completely ruined. Consequently, The Quarry crashing at startup leaves players wondering what and gone wrong and finally destroys the excitement to play.
But don’t you worry, as here are some viable solutions that can fix the crashing at startup issue in no time. Just make sure to stick to this guide till the end and you will be enjoying The Quarry.
Fix 1: Check If Your PC Meets the Requirements
Before we get into the specifics of how to fix The Quarry crashing on startup issue, make sure your PC is capable of handling the game.
Ska Studios has released the Quarry PC system requirements, which can be found below. Set your expectations based on your gaming hardware and make sure it’s up to the job.
Minimum system requirements:
Recommended system requirements:
Fix 2: Start The Quarry as an Administrator
- Go to the installation folder of the game, which is typically located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common.
- Now find the TheQuarry.exe file and right-click on it and select Properties.
- Now go to the Compatibility tab and click on Change Settings for All Users.
- Now put a tick beside Run this program as an administrator.
- Finally, click on OK.
To see how it works, run Monster Hunter Rise directly. If the game still won’t start, try running it in compatibility mode for Windows 8. For many players, this is a simple workaround.
Fix 2: Update Your Graphics Driver
A faulty or outdated graphics driver is one of the most common causes of game bugs or crashing at startup. A driver update can fix issues with new games like The Quarry while also providing a free performance boost.
So, before you go any further, make sure your graphics driver is up to date. You can also use Driver Easy to make the updating process easier.
To make the changes take effect, restart the computer. Then see if the problem reappears. If that’s the case, there are a few more fixes listed below.
Fix 3: Disable Resource Taking Applications
If you have too many resource-hogging applications running in the background, it may cause your game to crash at startup or refuse to launch. While playing The Quarry, it’s best to keep these apps closed. Here’s how to do it:
- Press Ctrl+Esc+Shift together to open the Task Manager.
- Now check your CPU and Memory Usage. If you notice that there’s 100% CPU usage, here’s our guide you need to follow.
- Now you need to check which app is consuming the most resources. In our case, it is Google Chrome.
- So, right-click on Google Chrome, and click on End Task from the pop-up menu.
That’s it, now check whether The Quarry is launching optimally or not. If not, follow up with the next fix.
Fix 4: Reinstall The Quarry
Well, if none of the above solutions worked, it is best that you proceed with the reinstallation of The Quarry. Reinstallation will ensure that things are in the correct order and set up.
Fix 5: Repair Your System Files
Apart from game files, missing or corrupted system files can cause a slew of PC issues, including game crashes. Run a quick and thorough scan with System File Checker to see if there are any critical system issues causing The Quarry to crash during starup.
- Press Windows+R and type cmd in the Run Dialog Box.
- Now click Ctrl+Shift+Enter together, in order to open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Now type sfc /scannow and press enter.
Windows will now begin to analyze issues with the operating system. If minor, Windows will repair it right away, if not, you need to follow our guide on how to use DISM Command Tool to Repair Windows 11 image.
Well, that’s all we have here about how you can fix The Quarry crashing at startup. We hope this guide helped you. If you liked this, make sure to check out how you can save Chris in The Quarry and how to kill everyone.