Is there a way to fix Halo Infinite Battle Pass not loading or working? Players are presented with a lobby screen upon first loading the game, with a box for the Battle Pass in the top right that should provide details quickly, but if the spinning or loading symbol refuses to go away, there may be an issue.
Sometimes the game shows the player as “Offline,” which is a different issue, but is there a fix for Halo Infinite Battle Pass not working?
How to Fix Halo Infinite Battle Pass Not Loading or Working?
- Players should do the following to fix the Halo Infinite Battle Pass not loading properly:
- Return to the main page after visiting other pages from the lobby, such as the store.
- Restart the game, and if that doesn’t work, reboot the computer.
- In another app or web portal, double-check that the system is online.
- Make sure your profile icon on Xbox or Steam isn’t set to appear offline.
If on a PC, go to Network Settings and uncheck IPv6. On Windows 11, press Windows key + X > Settings> Network and Internet > Advanced network Settings > More network adapter options.
Next, right-click on the internet option used, click on Properties and scroll down to check Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) is unchecked. Click OK and restart your PC
Hopefully, one of these fixes will work, and all players in Halo Infinite’s multiplayer will be able to earn XP on the Battle Pass again soon.
If none of these work, it’s possible that the problem is with the servers, in which case players will have to wait.
If you liked this, check out how you can check the server status in Halo Infinite. Furthermore, if you have any questions or suggestions, please use the comment section below to contact us.