Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising was released today, 10th May and users started reporting a slew of problems, including lower FPS, crashing on PC, and even not launching sometimes. Nevertheless, it is understandable that newer games tend to have some bugs that are most of the time easy to fix.
With that being said, here’s a detailed guide to help you resolve this pesky crashing error on your PC. You can also use this guide to troubleshoot the game if yours isn’t launching. Let’s get started.
How to Fix Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising Crashing on PC?
To troubleshoot the Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising crashing or not launching issue, try these 8 simple fixes. You are not obligated to try all of them. Simply work your way through the list until you find the one that works.
Fix 1: Run Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising as an Administrator
- Go to the installation folder of the game, which is typically located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common.
- Now find the EiyudenChronicle.exe file and right-click on it and select Properties.
- Now go to the Compatibility tab and click on Change Settings for All Users.
- Now put a tick beside Run this program as an administrator.
- Finally, click on OK.
To see how it works, run Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising directly. If the game still won’t start, try running it in compatibility mode for Windows 8. For many players, this is a simple workaround.
Fix 2: Allow Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising through Controlled Folder Access and Antivirus
It’s also possible that Windows Security or other antivirus software has prevented Monter Hunter Rise from starting, causing the game to crash. Follow the steps below to fine-tune the settings:
- Type Windows Security into the Windows search box and choose Windows Security from the results.
- From the left pane, select Virus & Threat Protection. Click Manage ransomware protection in the Ransomware protection section.
- Toggle the Controlled folder access to on, and then click on Allow an app through Controlled folder access.
- Now click on Add an allowed app followed by Browse all apps.
- Finally, navigate the game’s folder and add the EiyudenChronicle.exe file to it.
If you have any third-party anti-virus software installed, such as McAfee, Bitdefender, or Avast, make sure your game is whitelisted and not blocked.
Now check whether Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising not launching issue is solved or not. If not, follow up with the next battery of fixes.
Fix 3: Update Your Graphics Driver
A faulty or outdated graphics driver is one of the most common causes of game bugs or failure to launch.
A driver update can fix issues with new games like Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising while also providing a free performance boost. So, before you go any further, make sure your graphics driver is up to date. You can also use Driver Easy to make the updating process easier.
To make the changes take effect, restart the computer. Then see if the problem reappears. If that’s the case, there are a few more fixes listed below.
Fix 4: Disable Resource-Hogging Programs
If you have too many resource-hogging applications running in the background, it may cause your game to crash or refuse to open. While playing Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising, it’s best to keep these apps closed. Here’s how to do it:
- Press Ctrl+Esc+Shift together to open the Task Manager.
- Now check your CPU and Memory Usage. If you notice that there’s 100% CPU usage, here’s our guide you need to follow.
- Now you need to check which app is consuming the most resources. In our case, it is Google Chrome.
- So, right-click on Google Chrome, and click on End Task from the pop-up menu.
That’s it, now check whether Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising is launching optimally or not. If not, follow up with the next fix.
Fix 5: Verify the Integrity of Game Files
An integrity check could be used to troubleshoot any missing or damaged game files that might be causing MHR to malfunction. Patches for newly released games are constantly being released, and doing so will also check for game updates.
- Click on the Windows button and search for Steam.
- Now, open Steam and go to Library.
- After that, from the game’s list select Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising and then click on Properties.
- Now, from the left panel, click on Local Files and then click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
The scanning and repair process may take a few minutes. Then restart the game to see if the issue still exists. If that’s the case, move on to the next fix.
Fix 6: Repair Your System Files
Apart from game files, missing or corrupted system files can cause a slew of PC issues, including game crashes. Run a quick and thorough scan with System File Checker to see if there are any critical system issues causing Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising to not launch or go black.
- Press Windows+R and type cmd in the Run Dialog Box.
- Now click Ctrl+Shift+Enter together, in order to open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Now type sfc /scannow and press enter.
Windows will now begin to analyze issues with the operating system. If minor, Windows will repair it right away, if not, you need to follow our guide on how to use DISM Command Tool to Repair Windows 11 image.
Fix 7: Disable Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)
IPv6 is most probably responsible for the occasional crashing or not launching issues. As a result, when you disable it, Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising starts working without any problems. Follow these simple steps to disable IPv6 on Windows 10 and 11:
- Press Windows + R and type ncpa.cpl in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- Now, right-click on your current network and go to Properties.
- Next, uncheck the TCP/IPv6 option.
- Click on OK to exit and save changes.
Now turn on Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising and check whether the error is stopping you to play the game. If yes, the next fix is sure to resolve the issue.
Fix 8: Refresh DNS Credentials
DNS stands for domain name system and clearing the credentials of DNS basically means you are freeing up all corrupt or malicious cache that is blocking the server access to the game. Follow these simple steps to refresh DNS credentials:
- Press Windows + R and type cmd in the Run dialog box.
- Now, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter together. This will open Command Prompt in Administrator mode.
- Now in the Command Prompt window, type the following commands one by one and keep pressing enter after each command.
ipconfig /flushdns ↵ ipconfig /registerdns ↵ ipconfig /release ↵ ipconfig /renew ↵ netsh winsock reset ↵
- Once all the commands are done, Shut Down your PC, wait for 1-2 minutes and restart.
Fire up Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising and you will see that the crashing or not launching issue is gone once and for all.
Well, that’s all we have here about how you can fix if Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising is crashing or not launching. We hope this guide helped you. If you liked this and your problem is resolved, make sure to check out where to find Agricultural Seeds.