There are some YouTube channels you should avoid at all costs. Perhaps they create low-quality, clickbait content, or their viewpoints differ from yours. In any case, you should avoid allowing channels that you don’t want to see to appear in your YouTube feed.
On any device, we’ll show you how to block YouTube channels from appearing in your feed.
How to Block a YouTube Channel
In the strictest sense of the word, you can’t “block” a YouTube channel as a viewer on the internet. You can simply disable it from appearing in your feed and recommendations. This does not, however, prevent you from seeing the channel in other places, such as search results or on third-party websites.
When you block a YouTube channel, it affects your YouTube recommendations at the account level. This means that if you block a channel on your desktop, it will also be blocked on your mobile device.
Follow these simple steps below to block a YouTube Channel:
- Find a video from a channel you want to block on YouTube’s homepage.
- Hover your mouse over the video if you’re on a desktop.
- Select the three vertical dots.
- Select Don’t recommend channel for the channel you don’t want to be recommended.
- Select Undo if you made a mistake.
Unfortunately, you can’t unblock a channel individually unless you select Undo right after blocking it. It’s a case of all or nothing.
As a result, to completely unblock all channels, do the following:
- Go to the My Activity page in Google.
- Select Other Google activity from the left menu.
- Beneath YouTube ‘Not interested’ feedback, click Delete
- To be sure, click Delete once more.
YouTube’s recommendation algorithm does a lot of things right, but it also does a lot of things wrong.
You can sometimes watch a single video from a channel and be bombarded with endless recommendations for it.
What if you didn’t care for it? Remove the noise, block the channel, and your YouTube experience will improve tenfold.
Well, that’s all we have here about how you can block a YouTube channel from appearing in your feeds. We hope this guide helped you.
Furthermore, if you have any questions or suggestions, please use the comment section below to contact us.