Here is a step-by-step guide on how to fix Xbox One black screen on startup after update. A black screen after an Xbox update is very disturbing, especially if you have updated it to play some of the best games.
The Black Screen of Death on Xbox One is nothing to be alarmed about, even if you’ve recently encountered it. When your Xbox One gets stuck on a black screen in this frustrating situation, there are ways to get it out of your hands.
Why Does the Xbox One Black Screen Occur?
The Xbox One Black screen you’ve been having is most likely connected to one or more of the following. For starters, it’s possible that the problem stems from a faulty television set-up rather than something more sinister. There are, however, additional explanations.
For some Xbox Insiders, this has happened when they’ve installed a new software update that hasn’t been thoroughly tested, causing them to lose all of their saved progress.
For some, a problem with the Xbox dashboard loading is to blame. Xbox Live outages have also been linked to the issue. There doesn’t appear to be a clear explanation for why this is happening.
Your best bet is to follow the steps outlined below, no matter what the root cause of your problem is. Check to make sure the television is on. Restart the console by pressing the power button for a few seconds. And then there’s the hope.
How to Fix Xbox One Black Screen on Startup After Update?
To get you out of this as quickly as possible, we’ll go over everything you need to know to play Elden Ring or Halo Infinite or whatever your favorite video game is. Xbox One’s black screen problem is explained here.
It’s possible to fix the black screen after startup with a variety of different fixes. It’s up to you to figure out which one works best based on the root cause of the problem. However, the following are some pointers:
First, check to see if there is a problem with the connection between your television and your console. Microsoft recommends the following steps, which may seem like a waste of time:
- Make sure that both your Xbox console and television are turned on.
- HDMI is the correct signal input. Make sure that your television is set to the accurate input method. Further, check those HDMI cable connections that are connected to your console are secure.
- Next, make sure that the HDMI cable is connected through the out to TV port on your Xbox One or Series console.
- If the black screen issue is still not fixed, try connecting to the other HDMI port on your TV.
- After that, try another HDMI cable if you have or take one from your friend.
- Although not everyone is that lucky, if you are, try connecting your Console to another TV.
- Likewise, you might be using your Xbox console for some time so you should know about Power Cycle. Try doing that.
- If you don’t know, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds. Your console will automatically restart. And hopefully, your Xbox black screen issue will be fixed once and for all.
Well, that’s all we have here about how you can fix Xbox One black screen issue on startup after update. We hope this guide helped you. If you liked this, make sure to check out our guide on how to connect AirPods to Xbox One.