UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves, from the house of Naughty Dog, is one of the most anticipated video games of 2022. Now that the game has finally arrived, a lot of players are experiencing stuck on loading screen issues. While the game performs excellent on PlayStation consoles, the issue is primarily with PC users. However, since you are here, don’t worry. We will explain to you how you can fix UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Stuck on Loading Screen. So, let’s get started.
How to Fix UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Stuck on Loading Screen?
UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Stuck on Loading Screen on PlayStation consoles is running excellently but some PC players are reporting a crash or being stuck on an infinite loading screen when starting the game. Although a patch to fix this issue has likely already been requested by Naughty Games and Sony, there are a few workarounds that may help you play UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves stuck on loading screen.
Restarting your computer is the first step to take. Sometimes rebooting your computer is all that’s needed to get rid of the clutter that’s preventing UNCHARTED from loading properly. After that, close all unnecessary windows so as not to drain your computer’s processing power.
If you’ve tried both of those and are still having trouble starting UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves, you may want to check the specs of your computer to see if it can handle the game. Sunbreak isn’t a particularly resource-intensive game, but it may crash on your PC if it’s not up to the task.
To troubleshoot the UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves stuck on loading screen issue, try these 6 simple fixes. You are not obligated to try all of them. Simply work your way through the list until you find the one that works.
Fix 1: Run UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves As an Administrator
Once of the easiest ways to fix stuck on loading screen of Uncharted game is to run the game as an administrator. Because the game is sometimes unable to utilize all the resources available, crashing and stuck on loading screen issues can happen. Follow these steps to run the game as an admin.
- Go to the installation folder of the game, which is typically located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common.
- Now find the Unchartedlegacyofthieves.exe file and right-click on it and select Properties.
- Now go to the Compatibility tab and click on Change Settings for All Users.
- Now put a tick beside Run this program as an administrator.
- Finally, click on OK.
To see how it works, run UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Stuck directly. If the game still won’t start, try running it in compatibility mode for Windows 8. For many players, this is a simple workaround.
Fix 2: Allow UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves through Controlled Folder Access and Antivirus
It’s also possible that Windows Security or other antivirus software keeps preventing UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Stuck from running and causing it to get stuck while loading along the way. Follow the steps below to fine-tune the settings:
- Type Windows Security into the Windows search box and choose Windows Security from the results.
- From the left pane, select Virus & Threat Protection. Click Manage ransomware protection in the Ransomware protection section.
- Toggle the Controlled folder access to on, and then click on Allow an app through Controlled folder access.
- Now click on Add an allowed app followed by Browse all apps.
- Finally, navigate the game’s folder and add the UNCHARTEDLegacyofThieves.exe file to it.
If you have any third-party anti-virus software installed, such as McAfee, Bitdefender, or Avast, make sure your game is whitelisted and not blocked.
Now check whether UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves stuck on loading issue is resolved or not. If not, follow up with the next battery of fixes.
Fix 3: Update Your Graphics Driver
A faulty or outdated graphics driver is one of the most common causes of game bugs and regularly crashing issues.
A driver update can fix crashing issues with new games like while also providing a free performance boost. So, before you go any further, make sure your graphics driver is up to date.
To make the changes take effect, restart the computer. Then see if the problem reappears. If that’s the case, there are a few more fixes listed below.
Fix 4: Disable Resource-Hogging Programs
If you have too many resource-hogging applications running in the background, it may cause your game to crash or refuse to open. While playing UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves, it’s best to keep these apps closed. Here’s how to do it:
- Press Ctrl+Esc+Shift together to open the Task Manager.
- Now check your CPU and Memory Usage. If you notice that there’s 100% CPU usage, here’s our guide you need to follow.
- Now you need to check which app is consuming the most resources. In our case, it is Google Chrome.
- So, right-click on Google Chrome, and click on End Task from the pop-up menu.
That’s it, now check whether Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreakis launching optimally or not. If not, follow up with the next fix.
Fix 5: Verify the Integrity of Game Files
An integrity check could be used to troubleshoot any missing or damaged game files that might be causing MHR to malfunction. Patches for newly released games are constantly being released, and doing so will also check for game updates.
- Click on the Windows button and search for Steam.
- Now, open Steam and go to Library.
- After that, from the game’s list select Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreakand then click on Properties.
- Now, from the left panel, click on Local Files and then click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
The scanning and repair process may take a few minutes. Then restart the game to see if the issue still exists. If that’s the case, move on to the next fix.
Fix 6: Repair Your System Files
Apart from game files, missing or corrupted system files can cause a slew of PC issues, including game crashes. Run a quick and thorough scan with System File Checker to see if there are any critical system issues causing UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Stuck to get stuck on loading or not launching and even crash at startup.
- Press Windows+R and type cmd in the Run Dialog Box.
- Now click Ctrl+Shift+Enter together, in order to open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Now type sfc /scannow and press enter.
Windows will now begin to analyze issues with the operating system. If minor, Windows will repair it right away, if not, you need to follow our guide on how to use DISM Command Tool to Repair Windows 11 image.
Well, that’s all we have here about how you can fix if UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves stuck on loading screen on a PC. We hope this guide helped you. If you liked this, make sure to check out How to Get and Spend Gold in Marvel Snap