A greyed-out “Find Match” button is one of the most frustrating errors to encounter when trying to play League of Legends due to connection issues. Users are reported that when the button is pressed but nothing happens, that’s a problem, too.
If the problems are on the server side, well, we cannot do anything but wait for Riot to fix them. However, if the find match not working issue is from your side, there are certainly some walkarounds to try out. Keep reading this guide till the end.
How to Fix League of Legends “Find Match” Not Working Issue
- Check the server status on the official server check website to see if the game’s servers are down for maintenance or if there are any issues. If that’s the case, the player should simply try again once the servers are back up and running.
- If users are experiencing issues, they should contact their internet service provider. To see if there are any lag spikes or other disconnect issues, try playing other online games.
- Restart League of Legends, as well as the system and the internet router, if necessary.
- Disable any antivirus or firewall software temporarily and retry, as some of these can interfere with the game’s connection.
- Uninstall League of Legends and turn off your PC for a few minutes. Turn it on and reinstall the game to check whether the Find match option is available.
- If you’re using a PC, go to network settings, select Properties/Networking of the main connection, and then double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
Fix 1: Stop Using a VPN
While we can’t say for sure, we believe it to be true. Greying out of the Find Match button in League of Legends is a common problem when using a VPN, and Fatal Error is the most popular. If you’re experiencing the same issue and receive the error message when using a VPN, probably VPN is the culprit.
The solution to this problem is to use a dedicated IP VPN service. Multiple users sharing the same IP, as is possible with VPNs, indicates foul play and may result in connection termination, which would result in the error. If you have a dedicated IP VPN, you should be able to play the game. Furthermore, we have seen that free VPN causes too many lags and stutters while gaming. Make sure to check out the best VPN available in 2022.
Fix 2: Disable Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)
IPv6 is most probably responsible for the pesky Find match not working in League of Legends. As a result, when you disable it, League of Legends starts working without any problems. Follow these simple steps to disable IPv6 on Windows 10 and 11:
- Press Windows + R and type ncpa.cpl in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- Now, right-click on your current network and go to Properties.
- Next, uncheck the TCP/IPv6 option.
- Click on OK to exit and save changes.
Now turn on League of Legends and check whether the error is stopping you to play the game. If yes, the next fix is sure to resolve the issue.
Fix 2: Start League of Legends as an Administrator
- Right-click on the shortcut for League of Legends.
- Click on Properties.
- Now go to the Compatibility tab and click on Change Settings for All Users.
- Now put a tick beside Run this program as an administrator.
- Finally, click on OK.
To see how it works, run League of Legends directly. If the Find Match button is still greyed out, try starting the game in compatibility mode for Windows 8. For many players, this is a simple workaround.
Fix 3: Disable Resource Taking Applications
If you have too many resource-hogging applications running in the background, it may cause your game to grey out the Find Match button in League of Legends. While playing League of Legends, it’s best to keep these apps closed. Here’s how to do it:
- Press Ctrl+Esc+Shift together to open the Task Manager.
- Now check your CPU and Memory Usage. If you notice that there’s 100% CPU usage, here’s our guide you need to follow.
- Now you need to check which app is consuming the most resources. In our case, it is Google Chrome.
- So, right-click on Google Chrome, and click on End Task from the pop-up menu.
That’s it, now check whether the Find match button not working is fixed or not. If not, check out the next fix.
Fix 4: Initiate a Complete Repair
If none of the above fixed have worked above, you can initiate a complete repair to get rid of the find match not working issue. Well, here are the simple steps you need to follow:
- Open League of Legends and open Settings by clicking the gear icon in the upper-right corner
- Click “Initiate Full Repair.”
- Next, go to the General tab and click on Yes to confirm.
Well, that’s all we have here about how you can fix Find Match not working issue in League of Legends. We hope this guide helped you. If you liked this, make sure to check out how you can fix Windows cannot be installed on this disk error.